Wednesday, May 18, 2011

DIY Earring Display!

OMG can I just say how EXCITED I am that my earring display came out the way it did?? I did remember to take pictures along the way so I can post step-by-step instructions for you all as well!

To start you will need:
  1. whatever size picture frame you prefer. I chose 8X10 (which I found on clearance for $7)
  2. mesh/chicken wire/something along those lines (I found some plastic mesh things at ac moore for .69 each and got 3 colors because I couldn't decide in the store! lol)
  3. glue (hot glue will work best!), I made due with krazy glue and gorilla glue :)
  4. paint if you buy an unfinished frame and want to paint it
  5. fabric to back the frame (I found a .29 piece of felt at ac moore)
  6. scissors
1. Cut your mesh or chicken wire, whatever it is that you picked up, to fit inside your frame the way a picture would. (IF you decided to paint your frame you would do that before this step)

2. Glue your mesh inside the frame, for some reason I couldn't find my hot glue gun so I had to use some gorilla glue to glue mine in.

3. Glue your fabric to the back of the frame (preferably with hot glue however I made due again with krazy glue) (please ignore all the other stuff in the background! lol)

4. Let your glue dry and then add your favorite earrings! :)

I am so so happy with how this came out! It was my first time making one but I think I am going to make some smaller ones to group some of my favorite earrings by color and display them on my wall..well see though!

On top of being super easy and fun to do, it was also a super cheap project for me
clearance frame: $7.00
plastic mesh: $.69
black felt: $.29
Total cost: $7.98

I hope you guys find this helpful and as easy as I did!

No comments:

Post a Comment